Wednesday, May 17, 2006

AIM Graduation Tomorrow

AIM Graduation Tomorrow

Dear all,

Tomorrow I will be officially graduate from AIM (Asian Institute Of Ministries) a short term bible school program of my church, recognized by BCM (Bible College of Malaysia) . Yesterday was the day I received my final allowance from my dad, which also means that he will no longer support me financially because I told him that I want to work, even serving God in ministries, in church. He is not in favor with it, inclusive of the idea of me going to bible school, even though he is a believer himself, believing in the same God yet from a different perspective of God and how He works due to different denominational background. I am from the Assemblies of God, while he is from the Brethren background.

Anyway, what makes this more difficult is that my mom is a person very against anything that has to do with Christianity. She only takes religion as something to benefit herself, yet not something to devote to. She is an unbeliever. Because of her, I cannot attend church on Sundays, except when she is not around on that day, or whenever I can find an opportunity to go, I will. I even lied to her just to create an opportunity to attend church on some occasions. I know this isn't God's way so I’m not encouraging anyone to do what I did.

Right now I just consider this as a perfect timing that my dad gave my final allowance due to the reason that I will be an official AIM graduate tomorrow. I know this day will come and I’m quite prepared for it. Pastor Steven (My Youth Pastor, President of AIM and the Chairman of BCM) has asked me whether I’m serious in taking up the Living Sacrifice program – a one year program where the church will bring me to whatever ministries that need people, serving the church for one year as probation for being a fulltime staff for my church. As what I’ve mentioned in my previous posts, I have been checking my heart for a long time and I am very certain that I have the desire to serve God in wherever He leads me. This desire has been in my heart for quite a few years, and I do not have the passion to work in any secular jobs, meaning being a businessman or anything but only ministries. I do not know what my calling is, thus I joined AIM in order to receive ministry training and theology education, and also to by myself time to seek God in order to find out what He actually wants me to do. Now without the financial aid of my dad, it actually gives me the opportunity to trust God in giving me a job to finance myself, and also for training me to do whatever He wants me to do. Please be in prayer for me, as I know I need that badly. I’ve been praying for months, or even years for this but right now I still have not got any answer from Him yet. Please also pray that He'll provide me enough financially as what I heard about the Living Sacrifice program is that it doesn't give people salary, but only allowance which isn't quite much. I do not work for God because of this financial reason but to serve Him, yet I also cannot survive if I do not have enough to pay for my daily living. Really appreciate it if any of you can pray for me.

In Him,
~Lawence~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


button by princessdeirdre
button by princessdeirdre

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter
My Favourite Blogs:

Melissa Tian
Melissa's Sister
My Xanga Blog
Another Blog Of Mine
Grace Melody Moo Meng Huey
GraceMelodyMoo
Sarah Morgan
Daphne Lee
Becca
choi*UnchainMe
XueYan
Kim
Angel Floral
Shanon
Nick
Belinda
Brooke
Erintan
Sarebabe
Jey's Blog
Kathleen Tan
Fickleminded
Haileysmom
Hillcountrythoughts
Nancze
Katsmouse
Maria
Weebie
Diamonds in the Rough
Geannie
God's Child
Greenstonenz
Meesh
My Heart, God's Home
Pam
Sparrows Song
Tuff Toe-Nail
Saved By Grace
Proverbial Wife
Nastasshea
Amanda
Yap Ee Wen
Micah
Uptowngurl
RyanFung
Mr Standfast
Gaurdian Of The Holy Flame
Waitingone
My Mutterings
Pastoral Ramblings
Pastor Isaiah
Pastor Frank
Pastor SivinKit
Pastor Rick
Heavensblessings
Covermewithdreams
Tidbits
Princessdeirdre
Gavin's Blog
Michelle Wong
Sheryl Chong
Rebecca Liew
Beeba
Daily Verse
Jaimekate
Blueskelton
Deborah
Alexandria Lim
Jaslyn Lai
Christine
Stephanie
Logtar's Blog
Agape
Lady4Jesus
Life Being Beautiful
Living By The Spirit
In His Garden
Relections Of Life
Tender Heart
Monileigh's Blog
Becca's Blog
Kimberly's Blog
Micah
Dewgem
eLiZaBeTh
anon getting real
Joshua Tan
Melissa Lim
Auyong Wai Nyan
Lucas Chong
Stephanie
Ken Arnold
Karl
Susan's Blog What A Beautiful Day

My Xanga Bloggers:

Kathleen Tan
Cheryl Mohan
Kelvin Lim
Erin Tan
Chels
Betty Li
John Yen
Melissa
Carolyn
Jacie
christy forschbach
Daphne Cheah
Nina (Snippetts)
Brotherjun
Jeremy Lodish
Hannah
Gaurdian of The Holyflame
dorkie_azn
ms_fury
final_solution
kATARINAgISELLE
dannie_d
haileyhero48
spokenvessel
Hismouthpiece
mutansmurf
Varelse
twinkychan
yuto_dad
haksunli
erikiut
Jameslam
Minoque
Leng Si
Alexander618
daphne_uijen
BibleGirl
Valerietan
Soon Yuen Ling
cupid1
Wong Ee Ling
lucasluk
jemmtt
Melcwf
Light Child
rebecca_w
Michelle Ng
Cynthia Lye
Noisygal
spikedkelvin
babythanatos
Serene Yeoh
Tabitha Ong
Jialin See
Eric Chau
Phing Tan
Johnathan Foo
TheVoice
FrenchGal4Christ
Op SaHoon
wochrist
eternalsolace

My Favourite Links:

Jesusfreakhideout
BibleGateway
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra

If you have anything useful, such as something inspirational or useful for the Spiritual Walk, do share it, mail them to me. I'll post it up here, and will definitely give you credit for it "not money of course!". The Lord will definitely bless you for your contribution. Remember, we're doing this for the Lord, not for ourselves.
Let's glorify our Lord together, and He will make use of what seemingly small in your eyes and make it into something big for His kingdom.
By the way, here's my other blog

online

Some Fun Tests I Took:

Your soul is bound to the White Rose: The
Pure. "I've been waiting in the dark for a long
time, shining my beacon of hope through the
shadow. If you see me, don't you hide your
eyes from me."
The White Rose is associated with purity, honor,
and chastity. It is governed by the goddess
Artemis and its sign is The Cross, or Agape. As a White Rose, you are a person of your word.
You may have a strong moral code, but
regardless of your virtue, you always stay true
to yourself. To you, love is the most pure of
emotional forms and it's just a matter of
waiting for it to bless you. Some people may
say you are too idealistic, but it's only
because you don't want to mess things up.

What Rose Is Your Soul Bound To?
brought to you by Quizilla

Sally
You are Sally!

Which Peanuts Character are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

How to make a Lawrence
Ingredients:
1 part intelligence
5 parts courage
3 parts beauty
Method:
Combine in a tall glass half filled with crushed ice. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of sadness

Username:

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com
Your Love Life by lpfloatsmyboat
Name/username/nickname:
favorite color:
best physical quaility:face
best personality trait:you can solve any social problem
will you marry your bf/gf that you have now?it depends
when will you get married?February 18, 2020
your kiss is:mixed messages
People date you because:you're smart
Quiz created with MemeGen!


 

 

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and
He will give you the desires of your heart.
-Psalm 37:4

Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone. To have
a deep soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and
exclusively. But to a Christian, God says no. Not until you're satisfied
and fulfilled and content, unreservedly to me alone. I do love you my
child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction to be
found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I
have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you
are united with Me, exclusive of any other desires or longings.

I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to bring it to you. You just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things. Keep experiencing the satisfaction of knowing that I am. Keep learning and
listening to the things I tell you. You must wait. Don't be anxious. Don't
worry. Don't look around at the things that others have gotten or that
I've given them. Don't look around at the things that you think you
want. Just keep looking off and away up to Me, or
you'll miss what I want to show you.

And when you're ready, I'll surprise you with a love far more
wonderful than any would ever dream of. You see, until you are ready
and until the one I have for you is ready, until you are both satisfied
exclusively with Me and the life I have planned for you, you won't be
able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me,
and is thus perfect love. I am working even this minute, to have both of
you ready at the same time. And dear child, I want you to have the most
wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your own
relationship with Me, and to enjoy materially and concretely the
everlasting union of beauty and perfection that
I offer you with Myself.

KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU. I AM ALMIGHTY GOD.
BELIEVE AND BE SATISFIED.